Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Penis Envy

Aw, I just saw a picture of myself right after we found out I was pregnant. I was going to do that thing where you take a picture every month to see how you grow... I get so bored with stuff like that. I miss my old, totally non-perfect body. I hope to have that non-perfect body back one day.

So I won't be posting my belly today, I need to find a somewhat flattering top and pants before I go there. Then I will do comparison shots. But I do have pictures of this living thing that is inside of me and I swear he's clawing to get out. But then I think, Why would he want to get out if he doesn't know what the outside is like or that it even exists? Follow me?

So without further ado, here is a shiny picture of the sonogram taken on April 7th.

In case you're having a Rachel Green moment from Friends, he is facing upwards and looks like he is blowing a bubble but it's really his little fetus fist. I'll try to get a better picture later but this will work for now. It was so neat to see his heart chambers and brain and little fetus organs. And now here is the most important sono picture, the one that parents-to-be of girls don't really show you because there isn't a penis to show.

See how they circled the penis and wrote "boy" on the screen? If I had performed this ultrasound myself I would have been able to determine the sex of this baby just by this picture. He's not shy. The picture shows his lower back, bottom, and sporty looking leg. He's got to be an athlete is he's related to Miguel and me. Not that there is anything wrong with not being an athlete, but it's bound to happen. I hope he's tall too. And not too skinny where you can see his ribs in his back- my brother was that skinny for a while; yuck.

There you have it. Penis and all. It's so weird to think I have a penis inside of me. It kind of bothers me if I think about it too much. But it also bothers me when he booty bumps my belly non-stop. It's just so weird, I can't describe it any other way.

-Megan

1 comment:

  1. Is that a pacifier or is he just happy to meet Aunt Sass?

    Love him already !

    ReplyDelete