Friday, February 20, 2009

The best thing about this fetus

It makes me remember my love of country music.

I may have to change my baby's name to Kenny Alan Tim instead of Ling Ling.

I know taste in music is a real personal thing, and while some folks don't like country, it's a pretty big movement that isn't going away. And while I love country music, I only love some of it. I like the 90s country, not this new-poppy-young country, but the great ones like Kenny, Tim, Alan, Garth, George, and Reba. I've embraced their newer songs and I like it. I made myself an awesome mixed CD and I'm going to rock out to it in the car today while I actually drive to the country. (I'm not going to the country just because I have the music, but I have things to take care of in Terrell.)

And now it's time to get on the train... Megan's Train of Thought:
I've been listening to country music lately.
It makes me feel good, innocent, like there is nothing wrong in the world.
It reminds of me of summertime, which reminds me of vacations.
I always vacation at the beach, and that reminds me of Kenny Chesney who lives part-time in the Caribbean.
And who doesn't want a crapload of money while sitting on a beach drinking a feel-good adult beverage? *sigh* I wish I was there now.


Next summer, 2010, will be our 5th anniversary and I've been planning a Caribbean vacation in my head for years now. I'm taking all my country music when I go and I'm leaving my baby with my parents. I can't wait.

-Megan McGraw-Chesney

1 comment: