Monday, February 2, 2009

Ninja Fetus

Well, today I have to change the name of my fetus. Goodbye to Cletus, hello Ling Ling. Let me explain...

I had a doctor's visit today and the nurse wanted to find the heartbeat of the baby. So she put the doppler radar thing on my abs (lack of abs) and found the strong, fast heartbeat. Good to know it's still in there! But then the heartbeat went away. So she moved the doppler and found it again. Again, the sound went away. That fetus was either getting down (much like his mother) or practicing his ninja moves. It went a lot like this: thud-thud-thud-thud-swoosh... thud-thud-thud-thud-fwoom... thud-thud-thud-thud-spoosh...

While this was endearing and funny, it made me shudder slightly knowing that this small orange was already moving all over. What is Ling Ling going to do in 5 months, try out for the next summer Olympic gymnastic team? Or maybe swimming, since there is all that fluid in there. We'll see.

I enjoy my new doctor's office and the staff. I don't really care for the thin walls though- I didn't want to hear that loud lady in the next room talking about someone breaking her water... at least that's what I thought I heard. She seemed to be laughing a lot so maybe water breaking is the fun part of labor. *shudder*

The joys of the miracles of life...

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment