Monday, June 15, 2009

My diabetes test and other stuff

So, I wrote last Monday that I had to do the 3 hour gestational diabetes test where I drink the gross drink and they take my blood four times and they check my blood sugar levels. The nurse said she would have the results the next day and call me. No call- and I didn't want to bother them because if they don't have the results then what can they tell me? I just hate to waste others' times but I had a regular check-up on Thursday so I asked then. I passed all four tests and everything was good. Thank goodness because I love ice cream right now.

My uterus is measuring well, my blood pressure is always good, I lost a pound from the last time I went (and after gaining a lot more than the books say I should, I figure that was good but the DR was curious as to why), and overall things look fine. Now I have to try to find a pediatrician (who knew?) and I hate trying to find a good doctor. We also have our childbirth classes in July and we're sooo looking forward to that.

Of course the baby is doing well. He continues to practice his martial arts skills and I think has fallen into a sort of normal schedule where he moves at specific times of the day, and sleeps at specific times. He gets hiccups almost daily. The DR said she could feel his butt up near my ribs and all the pictures online from here on out show them upside down (birthing position) so I feel good knowing his butt is up and head is possibly down, although I think he's slightly slanted due to where I feel the movement. He loves ice cream, Tex-Mex, and watermelon, and he never drinks soda anymore (unless I take a sip from Miguel's drink). I have two months to go and as comfortable as he is, I hate to make him leave his cushy home but I want him out. I bump my stomach on all kinds of things because I forget I have a stomach with a human thing inside, and my back has given in and hurts daily now.

Miguel and I celebrated our 4th anniversary Friday. Miguel also bought me a "push present." I have no idea where he got the idea but I'm not against it. He got me (us) a new digital camera that has good video recording as well so we hope to put that to use in August. No video of the kid sliding out but maybe video of him being cleaned up and we can get that stuff posted. We'll see then.

I should go now and get some exercise. I think I'll go walk in the pool. I hate the swimsuit and belly part, but no one should be out there now and I wear my cover-up so I'm okay as long as I'm in the water doing something.

-Beached whale

No comments:

Post a Comment