Monday, August 10, 2009

Special Entry: Miguel's Letter to the baby

Letter from Dad to son,

Luke, it's August 9, 2009 and I'm writing this letter to say a couple of things to you before your arrival. Mom asked me to do this, but I truly felt envious of her letter. You will probably have some of our habits like bad temper, perfection, competitive nature, and big heart. I'm writing this letter so you can have this as a memory from me and to let you know how thrilled I am to have a son. You are going to be loved tremendously by both sets of grandparents and extended family members. You will have parents that will be supportive of whatever you decide to do, and will bring you up in a Christian home.

Our relationship will be a little different than any of your friends' dads. We will learn from and depend on each other in life due to only the use of my right arm. With prayers and technology maybe I will have the use of both arms. This bond we will have will make our relationship stronger. I know this is true because your mom's and my relationship has been solid since 2007. Your mom has been through a lot from my accident, and what she has done for me I couldn't forget that. If it wasn't for her taking care of me through my recovery, you wouldn't have been born.

Luke, this family you will be a part of will never have a dull moment. Your mom and I are considered clever, funny, strong-hearted, and likable people in our family. Your grandparents are no traditional one's either. My mom will talk your ears off, and love everything you do. My dad will teach you hard work and problem solving. Your mom's mom will never let anybody harm you, and she will protect you even from us. Your mom's dad... what can I say... he is a hard-working, wonderful man, and will talk to you about baseball and the Yankees.

Can't wait to see you.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment