Saturday, October 24, 2009

My cute little baby

I told Miguel last week that I could not believe we had a baby and how he was made. I mean I know how it all happens but it's such a complex thing, even if it happens every day. Luke started out as this tiny microscopic thing made out of a couple of cells and developed inside of me and turned into this cute little butterball. It's almost incomprehensible to me. I just can't believe it! He's so cute it makes me want another one. We'll probably try for kid #2 in a year, give or take a few months.

Here is a picture from Texas vs. OU weekend and one where he found his hand (he's two months in that picture). Same baby in both pictures taken within a few days of each other, even if it looks like a different kid. I also included a video of my cute child.



At his 9 week check-up he got 3 shots and some drops in his mouth. He cried but did pretty good. Miguel and I got the H1N1 flu mist vaccine since our jobs put us in so much contact with others and we have such a young baby.
He weighed 12 pounds 7 ounces (75% percentile for his age). He measured 24 1/4 inches long (90% percentile). Head was 40 cm.


Basically my teeny 2 month old baby is right on track for the size of a healthy 3-4 month old. But isn't that common, especially in boys? I prefer him to be hefty, even though he's slim in the torso (probably will have a long torso and be tall) he can still roll over on the other babies, just like I hoped he'd do.

I need to go tend to my healthy baby now.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment