Thursday, March 5, 2009

4 month check-up

I made sure I drank enough so I could give a good pee sample. It's so embarrassing to go to the doctor and not be able to pee.

While I was lying there waiting for the doctor to come in and examine me, I was laying with my "drape"- more like large paper towel- and I had some pressure in my lower abdominal area. I really didn't think this was the time to have gas and I tried really hard to keep it in and contained. Fortunately, it wasn't much of anything and I did not embarrass myself. Yet.

I heard the baby heartbeat again. Good and healthy. My weight, not so good. I gained 10 pounds in a month. I know!! But it's because I keep eating fast food and not exercising. So I now vow to exercise. No more "I'm too tired," or "It's so windy outside." Like the wind affects whether I can get on a treadmill. But I do prefer walking outside and I'm totally going to get pregnancy yoga DVD so I can push like a champ when the time comes.

They took my blood to do screenings for possible birth defects. Please, God, please don't let them call me. No spina bifida, no Tay-Sachs, no Downs Syndrome. Please. I really hope they don't call me. But if they do, it just means I'm at a higher risk of something, and if I am then I'll consider the other more invasive tests. I do not like the idea of an amniocentesis. You want to stick a needle into my belly's water park to get a sample? Um, no thank you! Fortunately none of those things are common or prevelant in either side of our families so I'm sure it will be fine.

I did notice my first sign of pregnancy today. My first visble sign. My belly has grown and if I relax those muscles I look either pregnant or like I've gained 10 pounds in a month. But the other sign is the line. I have the beginnings of that vertical line that runs from my pelvis to my belly button and up from there. Have you ever seen it? My friend who just had her baby had it. I saw it on her big, firm belly at about 7 months and it was dark. It goes away after birth, but I have gotten it so I'm kind of excited.

I go April 7th to find out the sex of the baby. It'll probably be sitting with it's legs crossed. But I am getting excited for it. I hate to have to wait, but my husband has to be there. And my mom decided that since she is missing out on baby stuff (what? my nausea and acid reflux?) that she wanted to go if she could while she visited the Big D on her spring break. We're close and all, but not that close. I told her Miguel would be in there with me first, and then she could find out. She said she was fine with being the third person to know, but really she's like the 5th or 6th person to find out. God knows. The baby probably knows- I assume it knows whether it's a girl or boy, why wouldn't it? The sonographer will know. Then me and Miguel. Then my mom. After that, it's a free-for-all of phone calls to tell people. I hope people care.

So things are good, my weight is not. Imagine if I gained 10 pounds every month, GEEZ! So I need to be better about exercising but no one seems to be my encouragement so it's up to me and HimHer. The weather is so much better for outdoor stuff so I know I'll get out there. Not today though, I went to work for half a day, the dentist, the obstetrician, and I've been tired all day. I need a little nap.

-Meg- I'm too tired to type

2 comments:

  1. I want to know! I hope to be in the top 10 - maybe. I hope? Tell Miguel I'll bring him a cupcake if I can be in the top 10. And you? Well, some fruit. But, because I'm a friend I'll sneak you whatever you want - and I promise I won't tell the doctor.

    I know I've been self absorbed lately - I'm trying to be better because I want to know all of these details...yay!

    I can. not. wait. for Baby V!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just got my a little hyped up about being pregnant. Good for you.

    Well, I'll let my mom call my Dad, unless she makes me, and Miguel will probably call him Mom, so I'll call you, as soon as I'm done with the appointment.

    It seems like so many people are pregnant that who cares by the time mine comes around, but I know you care. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete