Thursday, March 12, 2009

Don't Hip Hop Dance With a Belly full of Carrots

Do not eat 3 servings of carrots and ranch and decide that an hour later you should do a little cardio and try hip hop dance. And don't follow it with rhythmic stretching.

My tummy hurts and my gag reflex is trying to tell me something.

I'm normally good at the hip hop dance moves- I do have rhythm and I enjoy it. And yes, I did get that move right, and yes I added some attitude. The rhythmic stretching was a little more intense than what I expected. I expected to lay on the floor and breath in and out and move my arms above my head. It was basically 10 minutes of low-intensity yoga. Not a cool down. More like an up-chuck.

I wonder what the baby thought during all that bouncing around and attitude with those sassy arms and hot feet. I am making an effort to work out more, and over Spring Break I can totally walk and exercise.

In other news, I got a phone call from the doctor's office in regards to my blood and urine tests. They said they would only call if something was wrong. I guess they were having a slow day because they called to tell me that everything came out fine and we are at low to no risk (my words, not theirs because I am a realist) for any disorders or diseases that they tested for. Yea! I was a little worried but nothing really runs in our families so we figured everything would be fine. Now I don't have to do the amniocentisis unless something else comes up.

Tomorrow is my last day of school for 9 days. This fetus won't know what is going on without me using a loud voice and sighing so much. I like my job, it's rewarding, but I could do with 7 less kids in the classroom. No one in particular, ha ha, but it would be less stressful. I look forward to Spring Break.

I'll write the next time I try a less hoppy and rhythmic exercise routine to tell you what my gag reflex is doing.

-Megan

1 comment:

  1. This dancing and stretching somehow reminds me of the time we did karaoke all night. Not sure why, but I WILL make sure and tell Ling Ling about it one day. Good times.

    Upchuck and carrots, gross.

    ReplyDelete