Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Body update

I have meant to post this for a week now. Here are some updates:

1- I have gotten used to the moving inside my uterus. It makes me nervous when I don't feel it. Good job connecting with baby. High five to me.

2- In three weeks I have only gained one pound. I did not try to only gain one pound, and I have not dieted by any means, but I am eating less than before. So that is good because I couldn't handle gaining more and more than I should.

3- My belly button is getting shallow! I can't stick my finger in as far as I used to. I don't know how often I stuck my finger in before, but it's definitely not going in as far now. I used to be sure that it went really far in there, never ending because I could never find the end of it. Sadly though, I can find the end of it and I'll miss my belly button.

4- Now that I wear maternity clothes (thanks Mom) I look more pregnant and not just like I'm trying to squeeze into clothes that are too little for me.

5- These pregnancy dreams are consuming my nightlife. I have not dreamed of bathing my baby and holding it under water (which is not an uncommon dream) but I have weird, upsetting, annoying, vivid, colorful dreams. Last night I dreamed that my dad gave me a small handgun to protect myself with. I cocked it and accidentally shot it off and it shot out corks. Corks?? Unless they came out at 75 mph, those puny corks weren't hurting anyone. So then I felt less protected and upset and woke up a little peeved at my dad. He'll get a chuckle out of that. I also dreamed that my ring broke in two parts and I lost it- I sobbed so much. In reality it probably could have been fixed but when I woke up I felt exhausted from that dream. I am home alone for a few nights and it's so much nicer to wake up from those dreams to a warm butt on my arm that to be alone in the middle of the bed begging the cat to sleep with me.

I'm sure I'll keep having those dreams so I'll keep posting the ones I find interesting.

Say hello to your mother for me!
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment