Friday, July 24, 2009

You're going to feel some pressure

The DRs always say we'll feel some pressure and it's very true. I went for my 36 week checkup and was finally examined. I was so hoping to find out that something was going on down there. And I am happy to report that I am 1 cm dilated (she could stick one finger in- oh joy), 50% effaced (my cervix has thinned to 50%- so exciting), and the baby is stationed at -2 (it goes from -5 to 0 which is engaged to +5 which is crowning). The station refers to how far into the pelvic bone the baby is moving his head so he's getting it down in there just like he should. I'm making much progress being only 4 weeks out.

Yea for my cervix! I look good to deliver around my due date, give a day or two, says the doctor. We'll see. But I can guarantee if he hasn't shown up by the morning of the 20th, I'll be walking, eating spicy food, and a few other things that I am too embarrassed to mention here. Imagine how intimate and embarrassing it could be if I'm too modest to reveal my induction techniques.

-Megan, 1 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment